Don’t be afraid to be extra on your wedding day. Make a big impact with your wedding day style by choosing a pair of bridal statement earrings to complete the look!
Tip 1. Don’t overdo it.
When picking out your wedding jewelry: Don’t go overboard. No matter how tempting it is to load up on bling, you don’t want to risk letting your accessories outshine you. Remember “less is more” stay with a few key pieces rather than accessorizing yourself from head to toe.
Tip 2. Match your precious metals to your dress.
Bridal jewelry come in shining gold, silver, or rose gold finishes. Choose the right metal tone that matches with the wedding dress and bridal jewelry for continuity throughout the overall look. Can’t decide between silver and gold jewelry? Let the color of your wedding dress guide your choice.
- If your wedding dress is White: This bright hue looks prettiest with platinum or silver pieces.
- If your wedding dress is Ivory: Gold and Silver jewelry will best enhance this creamy shade.
- If your wedding dress is Champagne: Gold jewelry will complement the warm tones in this very light beige color. If you’re putting together an antique-inspired look, burnished silver with rhinestones also works well.
- If your wedding dress is Blush: Try rose gold. The pink cast in the metal will coordinate with the soft pink of the dress.
Tip 3. Consider your wedding dress neckline.
Your wedding dress neckline will play a role in framing your face. Select jewelry that pairs perfectly with it.
- Dress has a sweetheart or strapless neckline: To create height and direct all eyes to your smile, consider wearing a choker or shorter necklace. This style is making a comeback and looks timeless with this neckline.
- Another option: Skip the necklace and wear statement chandelier earrings instead. Pull your hair off your face and add a few fresh flowers. As your neckline is the focal point, you’ll want your standout pieces there, but don’t hesitate to add a smaller bracelet to balance everything out.
- Dress has a V-neck: This style is made for neckline decoration. Opt for a choker or pendant, or try layering both if they’re delicate pieces. Pair the necklace with earrings, which could be small or dangling—whichever looks best with your hairstyle.
- Dress has a halter or reverse halter: Focus your accessorizing on your hair by decorating it with pins, combs or vines. These can be sleek, bejeweled or floral, depending on the effect you want. Going for a retro vibe? Try a gorgeous embellished birdcage veil. If you need a little extra something, wear a bracelet.
Tip 4. Be yourself.
The most important thing about picking the perfect pieces for your wedding dress is they should be a reflection of you. If you’re not comfortable wearing big, chandelier earrings, stick to studs. Love the way you look in a lariat necklace? Go for it! If you’re happy in all your accessories, you’ll feel confident—and that’s the best accessory of all.
If you want to wear beautiful designer bridal accessories including statement jewelry, sashes and veils at a fraction of what you’d pay to own then, Little Things Borrowed is the place! Now you don’t have to limit yourself, all you have to do is Rent. Love. Return. In that order. You can even try on up to three headpieces with the Try It. Style It. Preview option to try in your home or at your hair trial with your dress. At Little Things Borrowed, we have basically thought of everything. If you are not local, we ship nationwide.
We hope some of these tips were helpful for you in choosing the perfect bridal statement jewelry to complete your wedding day look.
#weddingdress #bridalstatementjewelry #bridaljewelry #rentlovereturn #littlethingsborrowed